The pandemic changed millions of people’s lives, and few demographics were hit harder than working moms. Americans lost jobs across the board, but nearly 30% of working mothers found themselves without employment last year. At the same time, mothers are most keenly aware of their health and how an illness like COVID-19 could hurt not just themselves but their families as well.
Moms, have you left work in the last year and a half for one of these reasons?
- Your job faces the public, and you wanted to play things safe for you and your family.
- Schools closing meant you needed to spend more time at home to care for your children.
- Delayed approval of the vaccine for children delayed your ability to return to the job market.
We see you. We recognize that you’ve faced unexpected challenges during this pandemic.
People often talk about a worker shortage now, as the vaccine rolls out, pandemic assistance ends, and job markets struggle to right themselves. Some argue that people don’t want to work. The truth is, millions of people are seeking work, including mothers who need to support their families. There are still plenty of workers, but their labor market has changed.
So, where is the disconnect? Mothers like you now realize the importance of adequate compensation and benefits from work. Far too many of you have been abandoned by your companies, left with no support, or left feeling unsafe or unappreciated.
We know that you want to get back to work, and we recognize that many jobs simply don’t provide the support you need for your health, the health of your family, and the health of your children. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you find a job that gives you what you deserve, not the bare minimum.
Support for Working Moms
Working moms need support. What kind of support? Some formerly-rare benefits which are now essential are a key indicator of what workers are looking for.
- Childcare. Whether it’s financial support to pay for daycare, flexible hours to stay home as necessary, plenty of paid time off for childhood illness, or all of the above, the previous gold standard is now a bare minimum for working mothers to return to work.
- Work/life balance. There’s nothing quite like a global, deadly disease to shine a light on the value of time and family. Now more than ever, mothers find it critically important to spend valuable time with their families and require jobs that allow that type of balance.
- Satisfaction, appreciation, and fulfillment. What’s the point in working for nothing more than a paycheck? Life is worth so much more. You deserve a job that values you as a person, appreciates the work you do, and adds fulfillment to your life.
You’re not just a worker in an office or a cog in a machine. You’re a mother, a sister, a wife, a friend. You have a rich life, and you deserve a job that supports that.
We Find Workers in Missouri
It can be challenging to find a job with a company that truly values you. It’s a harsh world, and being left alone to navigate the troubled job market mid-pandemic and return to the workforce can be exceedingly difficult for job seekers.
There is rising competition for employers and job seekers alike, and finding a suitable match can be challenging. Job-Seekers and employers alike need a partner to help bring them together.
That’s what we do.
We are JobFinders, and we are here to help. We routinely work with companies with promising and fulfilling roles, and we strive to find you the job you deserve. We work with Missouri businesses that rely on our ever-growing pool of talent to staff their team. Please, browse our job board for available positions or reach out to us for more information and an individualized consultation.